There’s nothing better than feeling energetic and active. Even though you could never tear me away from my structured cocktail dresses and teeter-totter stilettos, I do love myself a good kickboxing class. Heck, without it I might not look too hot in a body-hugging mini or be able to stomp the pavement in heels all day. And for those reasons, three cheers for getting sporty! Here are my top picks that might help you motivate at the gym:
1. Victoria Beckham Denim Cotton-Jersey Track Pants: Forget Sporty Spice! Leave it to Posh to create sweatpants a snob could say yes to. Multicolored flecks and shots of yellow details breathe life into heather-gray.
On Net-a-Porter for $230.
2. Alexander Wang Mesh-Paneled Stretch-Jersey Dress: Even the most dedicated gym rats need to toss on a snug little dress every once in awhile (isn’t that the point of all that working out?!). Think of this as a super-sexy, edgy take on golf-wear.
On Net-a-Porter for $475.
3. Adidas by Stella McCartney Printed Tennis Dress: Even if you squirm at the sight of a racket, this flattering dress might be enough to inspire you to hit the courts, even if you just sit on the side, a la Andre Leon Talley.
At Neiman Marcus for $120.
4. DRKSHDW by Rick Owens Hooded Cotton and Leather Top: Nothing like a little leather to make a sweatshirt more palatable! Sport and street come together fluidly on this post-gym staple.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,255.
5. Lisa Marie Fernandez Lisa Marie Tankini: Lisa was the first to do scuba style, before it was an actual trend, and her trademark swimsuit exudes surfer-girl appeal. And you actually could attempt to ride a wave in it without flashing the entire beach!
At Barneys New York for $355.