This summer, it’s high time you get in touch with your inner free spirit. Wild child, new bohemian, gypsy queen, whatever you name her, now is the moment to let her roam free and unencumbered. I’m not talking barefoot and dreadlocked, necessarily. I’m daydreaming about fantasy-perfect clothes that are made of earthy romance, ideal for bonfires on the beach, exotic locations, and escaping the norm, even if it is for just a day.
1. Roberto Cavalli Printed Chiffon and Viscose Crochet Dress: With a cut as airy as an evening breeze in May, this crocheted dress practically comes with a laidback attitude included. Maybe cuz Cavalli is a glam gypsy king himself. On Luisa Via Roma for $2,219.
2. Isabel Marant Wolf Embellished Cotton Vest: Why is the most folkloric pieces are often the priciest? But the beauty of this mirrored and multi-colored embroidered vest is undeniable. A timeless addition to whisk you to a faraway land. On Net-a-Porter for $4,120.
3. Zimmermann Savannah Floral-Print Strapless Silk Playsuit: A kerchief-style top, wild-flower pattern, and leather-ribbon belt give this romper an impossibly playful air. This is just right for days spent lounging in the grass. On Net-a-Porter for $340.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Palmetto Broderie Anglaise Cotton Skirt: Every gypsy needs a full, swingy skirt she can move and dance in. Broderie anglaise is always sweet; in black, it captures a mood of mystery.
On Net-a-Porter for $300.
5. Emilio Pucci Appliquéd Cotton and Silk-Blend Voile Maxi Skirt: Perhaps a skirt that costs six-grand should count as more than a flourish – and this one sure does. Snatched right off the runway, this has enough whimsy to keep your head in the clouds all summer long. On Net-a-Porter for $5,995.