Hot town, summer in the city! Which is all well and good, except for the fact that you’ve still got to go to work (and if you don’t, hey, more power to you!). And alternating between steamy-pavement heat and freezing air conditioning is enough to do a number on your system, not to mention your wardrobe. It’s all about mixing and matching, so you can beat the heat when you’re hitting the street and keep comfortable in the crisp office.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors Cutout Crepe Dress: Midnight blue is a refreshing alternative to black, and cutout straps make for a summery vibe. Toss on crisp blazer and you’re good to go. On Net-a-Porter for $180.
2. L’Agence Long-Sleeve Jacquard Blouse and 3.1 Phillip Lim Draped Wrap Skirt: Lightweight white chevron makes for instant freshness, and paired with a matte-satin wrap skirt, you have comfort and class all the way. Blouse, $300, and Skirt, $375, at Barneys New York.
3. rag & bone Sliver Tuxedo Jacket: Summer is the time to play with bright colors. This melds vacation-worthy turquoise with a classic jacket cut for endless versatility. At Barneys New York for $199 (from $495).
4. C&T Costello Tagliapietra Kat Dress: How to keep covered and stay cool? A classy frock with breezy draping. Best of all, this stretch-jersey dress eases nonchalantly into cocktail hour. At Barneys New York for $298.
5. 10 Crosby Woven Print Blouse and Colorblock Pencil Skirt: The brilliance of this silk-blend blouse is in the cut; it’s at once proper and laidback. With this two-tone, stretchy pencil skirt, you’ve got a win-win. Blouse, $295, and Skirt, $225.