If you thought sporty caps and snobs didn’t go together, then think again. Spring runways took a turn for the athletic, so it’s high time we rethink the American classic. That’s right, I’m championing the baseball hat. But don’t relegate these for incognito trips for the gym or bad-hair days. Be unexpected, and pair yours with a flirty dress or a pair of high heels.
1. Topshop Leopard-Print Baseball Hat: You don’t have to forfeit a wild sense of glam for unadulterated athleticism – this catty print cap combines the two.
At Topshop for $30.
2. Karen Walker The American Girl Hat: As American as apple pie, this bold primary pattern will have heads turning. Wear this brim tilted with confidence.
On Farfetch for $38 (from $72.83).
3. Stetson Leather Baseball Cap: A shot of leather will always look chic. With a simplistic design, this is more rock ‘n’ roll than center field.
On Amazon for $59.95 (from $80).
4. Mr. Kim Tucker Hat: Thanks to an antique brass pin and varsity detailing, the staple goes luxe, especially in this ultra-soft wool blend.
At Barneys New York for $95.
5. Kenzo Fishnet Woven Cap: With Carol Lim and Humberto Leon at the helm, Kenzo went off with a big, sporty bang this spring. This sea-breezy hat shows bold team spirit.
At Opening Ceremony for $441 (from $735).