During summer, the last thing anybody wants to do is wear more than shorts and a t-shirt. It’s hot, and suits just don’t float the estival catamaran. However, a good blazer can fit the bill and keep you dressed appropriately for work and play. More importantly, your blazer does not need to be a navy blue for it to fit the bill of summer chic. Here are some excellent suggestions to keep you cool, stylish, and of course, snobby:
1. Michael Kors Dip-Dye Linen Blazer: This linen blazer is absolutely perfect for day and early evening wear. Slimming with its well done dip-dyed base, you could pair a large variety of shirts and bottoms for your look.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $295.
2. Givenchy Two Button Blazer: Where would we be without a good black cotton jacket to keep you fabulous (on cooler summer days, albeit)? Thankfully, Givenchy ensures we never have to find out! Simplicity is bliss, this is an example of pure serenity. Try pairing it with contrasting pants, or even neon.
On Farfetch for $508 (from $725.85).
3. Shipley & Halmos Greene Sport Jacket: Mellow and relaxed, Sam and Jeff have managed to create that cool surfer vibe that everyone (read: I) devourers. This jacket is actually on the edgier side of work-appropriate attire, but it would fit in anywhere with the light and airy aesthetic that accompanies it.
At Barneys New York for $565.
4. Balmain Contrast-Collar Jacket: A brilliant piece by Olivier Rousteing for the House of Balmain, this jacket is beyond chic, and frankly sexy. Featuring Olivier’s rockstar notes, you won’t just get through the night, you’ll blaze through it. This jacket should come with a warning: “You may be too cool to function while wearing this.”
At Bergdorf Goodman for $3,147.
5. Band of Outsiders Cotton Blazer: Here’s a blazer in a traditional blue that is anything but traditional. Slightly rough around the edges, this will give your outfit that needed edge, and keep summer on the path of smooth sailing. I picture this with white jeans and a fun t-shirt.
On Farfetch for $407 (from $579.57).