When it comes to making a sparkly statement, dresses and tops tend to hoard all the fun. I say, enough of that. Give pants a chance to run the show! This selection of (literally) fancy pants shows they really do deserve a spot on the wardrobe stage, whether slinky, short, wide-leg, or leather.
1. 10 Crosby Derek Lam Wide-Leg Trouser: An easy, mannish cut puts a too-cool-for-school spin on amped-up pants for all of the sparkle and none of the fuss. Bianca Jagger would be proud.
On Farfetch for $325.
2. Stella McCartney Christine Silk-Blend Lamé Tapered Pants: Or do Studio-54 redux with slouchy yet tailored gold lamé. Stella’s cropped trousers have been pleated to cocktail perfection.
On Net-a-Porter for $885.
3. Alexander Wang Glitter Drainpipe Jean: High-octane glitter meets casual cool courtesy of none other than Alex Wang (who else?). Top with a black leather moto jacket and you’re perfectly styled.
On My Theresa for $251 (from $627).
4. Marc Jacobs Cropped Metallic Bouclé Wool-Blend Pants: Who says ladies who lunch can’t in on some sparkle? This cropped pair is day-to-night genius.
On Net-a-Porter for $975.
5. Acne Best Hip Leather Trousers: Hip, indeed. Downtown It-girls and chic night-crawlers should slink into this liquid silver pair and wear them to death.
On My Theresa for $1,692.