Try as I might not to succomb super-trendy trends, I have drank the cartoon Kool-Aid. Blame Italian street-style blogger Eleonora Carisi, who manages to look chic and quirky at the same time. (I won’t lie: I would look ridiculous in that get up! Actually, most of us would.) Her video game-inspired Daniel Palillo sweater-dress showcases a real joie de vivre, and somehow it works with her jewels and pumps. Since most of us have to face our neighbors on a regular basis, here are a few takes on the same look that won’t make you the ridicule of your ‘hood:
1. Jeremy Scott Cactus Knit Dress: Cactuses go wild on this casual tank dress. Top it with a black leather jacket to tame it just a tad.
On Forward by Elyse Walker for $322 (from $460).
2. Markus Lupfer Kapow! Sequined Merino Wool Sweater: Channel your inner superhero diva, and enter the room with a great big bang – and don’t forget a cheeky smile.
On Net-a-Porter for $475.
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim The Break-Up Print Sweater: From cartoons to comic books to Pop Art, this super-recognizable motif works surprisingly well in sweater form.
At Matches Fashion for $504.
4. Markus Lupfer Intarsia Cat Sweater: A subtler take on the ferocious-animal trend, everything is always easier to digest in black.
At Matches Fashion for $348.
5. Daniel Palillo Ruffled Eye-Patch Maxi Fleece Sweatshirt: Wild things like Eleonora ought to go all out with this wacky sweatshirt, complete with ruffled sleeves for maximum humor.
Available for pre-order on Luisa via Roma for $305 (expect delivery by September 30th).