You don’t need to resort to Tommy Bahama style Hawaiian shirts to get into an island mood (although, a delicious rum-based drink might do the trick). This season’s florals come in all forms! From abstract print t-shirts and sequin flower hairpins to delicate floral jeans and lush tops, there is seriously no better time to go tropical. That is unless you’re one of the tourists here in Hawaii walking around in a floral muumuu – maybe then, it’s time to take it down a notch. Here are some florals done right!
1. Jonathan Saunders Peony-Print Modal T-shirt: Rather than use a full-on floral pattern, this chic black tee displays a large peony print on the front.
On Net-a-Porter for $345.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Khalila Printed Silk-Chiffon Top: A subtle leaf-print is featured on this bright orange and white top. The loose-fitting silk-chiffon is ideal for a warm beach day.
On Net-a-Porter for $300.
3. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Floral-Print High-Rise Skinny Jeans: Printed jeans are it right now, and a skinny-fit in stretch material is the best way to ensure a flattering look. On Net-a-Porter for $210.
4. Deepa Gurnani Floral Crystal Embellished Comb: Flowers make gorgeous accessories, and this silver beaded and sequined comb looks like a vintage throwback!
On Shopbop for $105.
5. Gryphon Mimi Dress: My favorite way to wear florals is on a cute dress. The pastels on this one look so girly, an apt match for delicate silk-chiffon. Plus, it has pockets!
On Shopbop for $390.
6. SUNO Printed Placket Top: The boldest of the pieces, this collared shirt displays florals over animal-print and is trimmed in orange neon!
On Shopbop for $696.