My favorite color has always been pink, and now, it has more meaning that ever. Even though my dear friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer said, “don’t you dare wear pink around me,” I plan to buy and wear pink in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And Oscar de la Renta has made it easy for us by opening the Pink Shop at his Madison Avenue boutique. Everything from dresses to perfume is available in a pretty rose hue, and 10% of the net proceeds will be donated to The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
1. Shadow Fox Stole ($3,995): The rose fox fur stole is wonderful not only for the cause, but also for the dropping temperatures. It stays secure around your neck and shoulders with a pink ribbon (how appropriate!) tie at the back, but there are tons of ways to wear it.
2. Bijoux Border Print Silk Faille 19” Skirt ($1,190): The red, white, and yellow jewel print on this silk skirt is lovely. Pair with all pink pieces or let it make its own solo statement.
3. Silk Taffeta Ribbon Pleated Dress ($2,990): For a wilder look, this dress creates a strikingly ruffled silhouette. Without the embellishment, it would be a simple A-line dress, but it has been accented with pleated strips down the front and around the skirt. Cute jeweled buttons run along the frock, which has a hidden corset (you’re welcome, ladies!).
4. Chantilly Lace Blouse ($1,490): This rose-colored sheer silk blouse is covered in hand-sewn and cut black Chantilly lace appliqués. Added flare and sophistication courtesy of the gathered neckline!
5. Glass Cabochon Leather Belt ($590): This light pink belt (perfect for cinching in your waist to its tiniest!) has its own centerpiece – pink and white glass cabochon beads.
All of these pieces and more are available at Oscar de la Renta’s Pink Shop.